Steven OsterSenior CounselWashington D.C.
Steve’s practice focuses on complex high stakes litigation and appellate work. He represents clients in both federal and state courts on a broad range of matters with emphasis on private commercial litigation.
Steven also has represented broker dealers and financial advisors in FINRA arbitrations, NYSE and FINRA investigations and counseled Fortune 50 companies on matters of environmental compliance, including Superfund, RCRA, CWA and state analogues.
Steve Oster is a terrific litigator with vast experience. Steve was formerly a partner with Wilkie,Farr & Gallagher as well as Steptoe & Johnson. Steven provides handles almost any type of litigation with Steve Gremminger, and is capable in any litigation.
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia (summary judgment in three recent cases)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California, employment litigation (favorable settlement for plaintiff)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, jury trial regarding fraudulent real estate transaction (plaintiff)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, jury trial regarding a breach of contract, fraud involving developer (defendant)
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, jury trial regarding fraudulent credentialed health care provider (plaintiff)
- Superior Court District of Columbia, jury trial involving personal injury and trust matters (plaintiff)
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals (several cases)
- US Court of Appeals in Eleventh Circuit, case regarding attorneys’ fees (appellant)
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, DC Consumer Protection Procedures Act (appellant)
Impact of Environmental Law on Real Estate Transactions, in the Environmental Laws & Real Estate Handbook (3rd edition, 1991)