Mr. Putzeys started his career at NautaDutilh in Rotterdam (Netherlands) and Coppens, Horsmans & Malherbe in Brussels (Belgium). He also used to work in Montreal (Canada) at OgilvyRenault (currently Norton Rose). Parallel to the Bar, Didier Putzeys used to teach at the U.C.L Law School as well at H.E.C. He is currently Professor at the Brussels Bar School.
He became a partner in 1994 with De Caluwé & Horsmans and Managing Partner of Putzeys & Godhaird in 1999. Didier Putzeys was instrumental in the formation of Putzeys branch office of ShawnCoulson and better known in Europe as Putzeys ShawnCoulson Alliance.
Mr. Putzeys has extensive experience in general business law and litigation, as well as distribution and competition law. He is also a regular speaker and writer on distribution and competition law. He also assists clients in Canada.
- 1989: University of Leuven (K.U.L), in association with Yale University, MBA, School of Economics
- 1986 University of Louvain (U.C.L), Law School
- International Tax Law, Canadian Rules, in Droit Fiscal International Comparé, Universités de Paris XII et Louvain, 1991
- Le Crédit à la Consommation, La loi du 12 juin 1991, Revue de Droit Commercial, 1992
- European Economic Interest Grouping, Revue Droit des Affaires Internationales, 1993
- Parallele Handel en Officiële Distributie, Rechtskundig Weekblad, 1994
- Pratiques du Commerce, Refus de Vendre et Distribution Sélective, FUSL, 1997
- La Distribution Commerciale (contr.), Jeune Barreau, 1997
- Codex Pharma, Santé Publique en Belgique (contr.)